US Senate and US House of Representatives Primary Election
Governor Northam has used his statutory authority to postpone the June 9 primary election to June 23. It is possible, if the COVID-19 pandemic has not receded by June 23, the primary may be delayed further.
To summarize the June 23 primary:
- Alissa Baldwin, teacher
- Daniel Gade, college professor and U.S. Army veteran
- Thomas Speciale, U.S. Army veteran and intelligence officer
In-person absentee voting
You can cast an absentee ballot in-person — if you will not be able to go to the polls on June 23, or, if you want to avoid crowds due to COVID-19 restrictions, you may vote in-person at the Northumberland County Voter Registrar’s office:
- 45 Back Street, Heathsville
- Small white building across from the Sonabank on Hwy 360 in Heathsville; big oak tree in front yard. Signs will be in place by late May.
- Back Street is the small street beside the building. Drive around to the back of the building, push the doorbell button on the back door, and the Registrar or and Assistant Registrar will come out to assist you.
November general election
- House of Representatives
- District 2 (if you vote at St Stephens, this is you), and,
- District 3 (if you vote at Fairfields Methodist in Burgess, this is you).